Thursday, August 31, 2006

Why do so many support or oppose Bush blindly?

The following was posted on Myspace. I felt it wrong to not respond, and my comments are below. I am not one to say something and hide. If you disagree and have facts to back you then my email address is listed below. If you simply disagree cause CNN said Bush is the bad guy and you haven't elected to research why, then please do not waste your's and my time.

RE:EB? I feel bad cause half my friends list wont understand
***See note below***
> One night, George W. Bush is tossing restlessly in his White House bed.
He
> awakens to see George Washington standing by him. Bush asks him,
"George,
> what's the best thing I can do to help the country?"
>
> "Set an honest and honorable example, just as I did," Washington advises
and
> then fades away.
>
> The next night, Bush is astir again and sees the ghost of Thomas
Jefferson
> moving through the darkened bedroom. Bush calls out, "Tom, please! What
is
> the best thing I can do to help the country?"
>
> "Respect the Constitution, as I did," Jefferson advises and dims
> from sight.
>
> The third night sleep is still not in the cards for Bush. He wakens to
see
> the ghost of FDR hovering over his bed. Bush whispers,
> "Franklin, what is the best thing I can do to help the country?"
>
> "Help the less fortunate, just as I did," FDR replies and fades into the
> mist.
>
> Bush isn't sleeping well the fourth night when he sees another
> figure moving in the shadows. It is the ghost of Abraham Lincoln. Bush
> leads, "Abe, what is the best thing I can do right now to help the
country?"
>
> Lincoln replies, "Go see a play."

What is even more sad is that the author of this little piece is evidently unaware of a few facts. This is however typical of those who elect to attack Bush for doing as the country at large requested. First, the "I cannot tell a lie" story, regarding George Washington has been proved to be legend and in fact nothing more. Second, it has also been shown that FDR's "New Deal" was one of the least effective programs in U.S. history, and his "Tennessee Valley Authority" has been shown to be a fiscally irresponsible program that was exceedingly inefficient. These programs were only lauded as a result of an uneducated population, and propaganda. The New Deal did have a huge beneficial impact on morale and in turn individual financial stability. Currently we live in a more fiscally aware nation. As such financial propaganda of this sort would be transparent and thus ineffective. Especially if prioritized over protection of the nation. This explains why Bush has selected to be hated by so many. Bush has not chosen to yield to pressure and give in on subjects he feels are in the nation’s best interests. His life would indeed be far easier if he were to sway back and forth with every wind of doctrine that passes through the halls of the White House. He has elected instead to stay his course though far more difficult and at his own peril, to better protect the United States.
E.B. I understand that you are opposed to G.W. Bush and I have no problem with that as we all have the right to our opinion. However, as I have often found regarding your posts on Myspace, you unfortunately elect not to use your own intellectual capacity to research the uneducated pieces that you choose to post. I know you to be rather intelligent, so why would you, as so many Americans do in this day and age, allow yourself to be controlled by propaganda, and an openly biased media? I in no way want to give the impression that I support Bush and the Republican Party blindly, as I DO NOT. I have in fact found myself in a position where I can no longer in good faith support either political party. I am simply appalled at the number of Americans who choose not to educate themselves and elect to oppose Bush OR support Bush blindly. We have so many resources at our disposal to educate ourselves and we elect to rely on forwarded emails. Rather than perpetuate the problem, why not use the intellect that you possess and create your own original argument? Were you to do that, I would then likely find it far more difficult to pick your argument apart, as there may in fact be something present that is often over looked... Facts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home